Leaving a gift in your will is not difficult. It also doesn’t have to be a larger amount — every dollar makes a difference. Every gift to Eli’s Place is a gift of hope for recovery and resiliency for adults aged 19-35 with serious mental illness.
How It Works:
- Choose the type of gift you’d like to use. You can choose to leave a residual gift which is a percentage of your Estate or other assets after other gifts (and debts) have been paid. Alternatively, you may wish to leave Eli’s Place a stated sum of money.
- Get the support you need. While adding a gift to your Will is typically a straight forward task, we recommend working with a lawyer where circumstances allow. Consulting a financial planner is also prudent.
- Add a gift to Eli’s Place to your will. Whether you are preparing your first will or updating an existing one, here is the information you’ll need:
- Our legal name: Eli’s Place Residential Treatment and Transition Centre
- Our charitable registration number: 83199 0031 RR0001
- Our address: 2 Edith Drive, Suite #703, Toronto, Ontario M4R 2H7
- Our suggested wording for a residual gift: “To pay Eli’s Place Residential Treatment and Transition Centre the residue (or share of the residue) of my estate for such use and purpose as the Board of Directors may determine in their absolute discretion.”
- Our suggested wording for a specific gift: “To pay Eli’s Place Residential Treatment and Transition Centre the sum of $_______ for such use and purpose as the Board of Directors may determine in their absolute discretion.”
- Let us know you’ve chosen to include Eli’s Place in your Will. We would love to thank you personally. We are deeply passionate about caring for those with serious mental illness and immensely grateful to all our supporters.